Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm not a granny, but I like to quilt.

Not only was this my first quilt, but it was my first time to
use a sewing machine! I taught myself everything and made
this in less than 2 weeks from start to finish. Included in it
are shirts from my entire childhood.  I made this right before I moved
away for college, so it was a great bundle of memories that I will cherish forever.
I have used it so much, I had to put it aside so the shirts don't get too worn!

This quilt was made for Ashley Harris as a college graduation gift from her parents.
Included in it is a timeline of shirts from her childhood, elementary, middle, high school, and college life.
The Jordan Family quilt. This quilt was given to their grandparents for their wedding
anniversary. Included it in are t-shirts from their annual family vacations since 1986.
This was given as a surprise and will forever be in the Jordan family as a quilt full of memories! 
     



No comments:

Post a Comment