Friday, July 1, 2011

This is where I have lived.


Junior and Senior year. I decided to go with
more of a chic, crafty room inspired by a pair of curtains I
bought from a local thrift shop for $2 a panel!
 I tried putting a tree I had painted over my bed,
but it looked off center and awkward. Instead, I came up with
these wall sprinkles!


DIY: First, pick out scrapbook paper in the colors you want.
Cut out shapes from the paper: these are your sprinkles (mine were irregular shaped 
to give it some style and varied in size from 4 inches to 1 inch).
Using invisible thread thread the sprinkles from large to small and mixing the colors up.
All the way across the top of your wall hang a thread taught. 
Then hang the your sprinkle threads (I had approximately 30 total varying in lengths).
Total Cost: Approximately $5
My sophomore year of college I decorated my room
with Tiffany blue, black and white.
It was very hard to find anything this color at that time,
so I painted the painting over the bed, made all the decorations
and sewed all the pillows!

Freshman dorm. I learned how to organize this year. Going from an
entire house of stuff into one room was challenging. I made use of each
square inch of this room and somehow fit everything I needed! 
My room back home. Black frames all over the place and I love them!
Although I find myself straightening them on a daily basis, they fill two walls
in my room and post tons of memories from my teenage years.
I will forever love coming back to visit my parent's house and seeing
all of these still hanging on the wall!  



No comments:

Post a Comment