Thursday, January 12, 2012

Last Minute Sitter.

I now know what a twelve hour work day feels like. It's not a big girl job yet, but a babysitting job for a little girl named Luna. While her daddy is at work we hang out at my house and have a blast! We have so much fun she actually cries every day when it is time go to home. Although she is a pest at times (like most children), her adorableness makes up for it! It has definitely opened my eyes to parenting. You have to pick and choose your battles, naps are essential and things get messy quickly. But it'd say it's worth every minute. 

After an entire week's worth of work... (and I am talking a lot of work- I picked her up on the other side of town at 6 in the morning and dropped her off around 6 in the evening) I received a check from the father. I had questioned this moment all week long, when I found bugs in her sandwich and could hardly step a foot into her apartment without tripping over stacked up junk... the check bounced. I had questioned the idea of this happening earlier in the week to my parents, but felt like I was doing the right thing. And as much as I wanted to get paid for everything I had done, I just settled with the idea that I had helped someone in need. I attempted calling him a few times, but my calls were never returned. Turns out within the next few weeks, little Luna had been placed with other family members and her father was in a homeless shelter in some other state. 
Not sure how that works, but just glad that I was safe and 
got to spend some quality time with  Luna!


         



No comments:

Post a Comment